Joshua certainly understood how joyful it was to serve the LORD. So many do not understand the benefits of serving the LORD. Joshua refused to follow the opinions of the majority of the people but made it his personal decision to serve the Lord with his household. Serving the Lord has to be a personal decision you make with God. Even when others refuse to yield themselves to the work of God because of their ignorance of the blessings of service, you would joyfully make yourself a vessel that God can use at all times because you have understanding of God’s blessings.
Few reasons why many do not serve the Lord:
1. They think they don’t have the time
2. They will do it later.
3. They are afraid that God can’t use them
4. They are users and not lovers of God.
Few reasons why you should serve the Lord;
1. It guarantees access to the abundance of all things – Deuteronomy 28:47 (KJV)
2. It gives access to the blessings of God and divine health. – Exodus 23 : 25 (NIV)
3. Because you love him. Knowing that God first loved you and gave His son for you. You too must give him your time, life and resources. Nothing truly satisfies in this life than to live a life that is totally dedicated to the service of God. May the Holy Spirit birth in you a desire to serve the Lord from today in Jesus name.
Malachi 3:13-16NLT .............."You have said, 'What's the use of serving God? What have we gained by obeying his commands or by trying to show the LORD Almighty that are sorry for our sins?
1 Corinthians 15:58KJV Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, for as much as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.
My husband does say, God is not a user of man, but He is a Blesser of man. God doesn't use man and dump him as human does. You serve Him, He blesses you in return.
Deuteronomy 11:13KJV And it shall come to pass, if ye shall hearken diligently unto my commandments which I command you this day, to love the LORD your God, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul,
1. Oh L0rd I receive the grace to continually stay active in my service to you at all times in Jesus name.
2. I come against anything that stands to distract and hinder me from my service to you in Jesus name.
GOD BLESS YOU.