But the Lord said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart" (1 Samuel 16:7)
So much to learn from the above Scripture. Firstly, how could a man be rejected by God and he is not even aware? Oh Lord, for your mercy where I have been rejected I call for acceptance in Jesus name. Oh Lord, place a mark of acceptance upon me and all I do in Jesus name.
To be 'rejected' means Eliab was initially chosen by God. Therefore, by God's divine plan, David's eldest brother Eliab was supposed to have been the one ordained as king, but because he was rejected, David took his place. Amazing isn't it?
To be 'rejected' means unacceptable, not given approval to, to discard useless, unsatisfactory, etc.
Eliab will spend all his life reverencing his younger brother David, who God placed in a position of leadership over him, not knowing the leadership position was originally his. Let me ask you a question. Why was Eliab's position given to David? The reason was that his heart was not right before God. Though he was handsome, tall, probably chubby, elonquent, but he was not qualified for kingship. My God!
Could it be possible that your case is like that of Eliab? You are busy admiring and celebrating someone else, not knowing that position was supposed to be yours, but your heart wasn't right with God.
What made God disqualified Eliab?
1. PRIDE: "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble" (James 4:6). The more you tried to move God Himself resist you. Eliab was never grateful for the favor done to him. 1 Sam. 17:28 says; when Eliab, David's eldest brother, heard him speaking with the men, he turned with anger at him and asked, "why have you come down here? And with whom did you leave those few sheep in the wilderness? I know how conceited you are and how wicked your heart is; you came down only to watch the battle.
This is the same man David risked his life for at the battle field to give food. He referred to him as a wicked man. Eliab was proud!
2. Eliab was a liar. David came to give them food. He lied that David came to watch the battle.
3. He was a man quick to anger. You can see his response to David at the battle field.
These few factors made him to be disqualified in the sight of God. Beloved, is your heart right with God? To be rejected is to be considered unacceptable, discard as useless. Check your heart and make sure the Glory meant for you is not given to another.
1 Peter 5:5-6 Young men, in the same way be submissive to those who are older. All if you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, " God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble."
6. Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.
I will like you to say these words of
1. Father, cleanse my heart today from every impurities of the flesh, and forgive me anywhere I have allowed pride into my heart.
2. The love of God in my heart overflows to everyone God brings in contact with me today in Jesus name. Amen.
God bless you. You can comments, share & Like. For your testimony, firstname.lastname@example.org. WhatsApp (233)0546641170.