One of the characteristics of a matured believer is in his or her ability to patiently wait on God for his intervention even in the midst of fierce oppositions and challenges.
From the anchor scripture, we see the prophet making this his personal choice- “But as for me”. He was intentional about it. You see, in life, you have to understand that following the crowd always can make you miss out on God’s plan for your life. There are decisions you have to make of which other people may never support or understand, because you desire to please God with your life and not man. Others may choose to cut corners, seek for short cuts which will ultimately cut them short. Some cheat their way through due to impatience, pressure to fit in, and low self-esteem. As believers, our response to life ought to be different.
Prophet Micah said “I wait in hope for the LORD” do you know that, how you wait can affect what you get? Many wait in complaints, depression, lamentation and in hopelessness. But we are admonished today to wait in hope. How do we wait in Hope?
1. To Wait Expectantly: Psalms 130:5 says, "I WAIT FOR THE LORD, MY SOUL WAITS, AND IN HIS WORD I PUT MY HOPE”, That means wait with expectation. Focus on God’s promises and not on your challenges.
2. To Wait With Thanksgiving. Don’t pollute your waiting time with complaints. Romans 8:25 (MSG) says: but the longer we wait, the larger we become, and the more joyful our expectancy. Be joyful and thankful through the process. God is making you larger. Rom. 4:20 Abraham waited glorifying God for his promises.
There is much power in patiently waiting on God for His plans and purpose to manifest in our lives. Wait and you will see His glory today.
Job 14:14 If a man dies, will he live again? All the days of my hard service I will wait for my renewal to come.
Proverbs 14:29 A patience man has great understanding, but a quick-tempered man displays folly.
Show me a man of great understanding and I will show you a patience man. Beloved, Christianity is not a short cut to greatness but a sure cut. Never avoid the process because the making process always precedes the delivery and manifestation period.
1. Oh Lord I receive the grace to wait patiently on your divine timing for my life in Jesus name.
2. I come against any form of impatience, greed and lust of the eyes in Jesus name.
3. I receive the grace to stand firm in patience on your word at all times in Jesus name.
God bless you. You can share, like and comments on the post. I await your testimonies in Jesus name.